With the big COP 26 meeting in Glasgow almost upon us, we have as our guest in this podcast Jonathan Werran.
Jonathan is the Chief Officer of the think tank Localis which has just completed a report, ‘Lagging Behind’ which considers the massive tasks of retrofitting the nation’s homes and how far we yet have to go.
Among other things the report points out that
- Most of the homes people will be living in, in 39-50 years are the homes people are living in now
- That we are nowhere close to the retrofit needed to allow us to comply with our climate commitments, and
- That the cost of retrofit, taken as a percentage of the value of the property being retrofitted, is considerably higher in the ‘red wall’ areas in the North, than in many of the more comfortable and expensive properties in the south
That’s not the whole story – you will have to listen to the podcast to find out more. Or read the report which we have linked below.
Sign up to the Podcast Mailing List:
- 20. Discussing the 2022 Housing White Paper with Kate Faulkner and Julie Ford July 2, 2022
- 19. The Queen’s Speech, helping tenants and mediation with Julie Ford May 23, 2022
- 18. Benefit Issues with Bill Irvine May 5, 2022
- Mostly mediation and redress with Sean Hooker of PRS April 13, 2022
- Looking at Property News with Nigel Lewis January 17, 2022
- Reflecting on 2021 with Ben and Tessa December 12, 2021
- Looking at Lagging Behind October 25, 2021
- Talking about Deposits with Steve Harriott of TDS October 3, 2021
- An academic analyasis of the Private Rented Sector with Julie Rugg July 18, 2021
- Deposits, Redress and Mediation June 22, 2021