The second episode of the Landlord and Lawyer Podcast looked at possession proceedings.
A topical issue as the government has recently published the new Civil Procedure Rules and Practice Direction setting out how claims are to be dealt with after the coronavirus lockdown stay ends after 23 August 2020.
To help us we had two guests:
- Bernadette Chikwe, solicitor and director of Duncan Lewis solicitors and
- Eleanor Solomon who does similar work as a solicitor at Anthony Gold but we here as a member of Housing Law Practitioners Association Executive Committee and the Legal Aid Working Group
There was a lot to discuss! We looked at the new rules themselves, considered the relative merits of ‘digital first’ and ‘court hearing first’court procedures, discussed legal aid and what tenants are entitled to, and also discussed whether there should be a housing court – among other issues.
It was quite a lively discussion with Ben a big part of it – having had a lot of experience as a member of the Judicial Working Group and also as a Magistrate.
This episode will be particuarly interesting for anyone who is involved in possession proceedings, particuarly if you have a case stuck in the queue.
Listen to the podcast to find out more …
Sign up to the Podcast Mailing List:
- 2021 – A new year new legislation and new problems for landlords January 27, 2021
- Crisis – not just for Christmas December 19, 2020
- Where are we now with the Renters Reform Bill? November 22, 2020
- Dealing with ‘No DSS’ November 3, 2020
- Landlording in the Time of Covid September 29, 2020
- Possession proceedings after the lockdown August 13, 2020
- Discussing Unique Property Reference Numbers with Kate Faulkner July 15, 2020