Build to rent is fairly well known but it is a surprisingly small part of the overall Private Rented Sector.
Our special guest for this episode, Richard Berridge is well known in this sector and we discuss with him various issues such as
- What is build to rent and how is it different from ‘normal’ landlords
- How has COVID affected the future of renting
- The difference between houses and flats and which is likely to play a greater role in future
- How will modular housing affect build to rent, and
- How can ‘ordinary’ landlords and the build to rent sectors learn from each other?
Here are some of the things we learned
- It takes on average seven years (or more) for a build to rent landlord to bring their properties to the market
- It looks as if the legacy of COVID will be more people living in houses in smaller towns and villages,
- Modular building is more suitable for houses and could be helpful in creating sustainable homes, and
- The most important thing for all landlords to appreciate is that they are running a business and their property is someone else’s home
Listen to the podcast to find out more…